ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Blueye Creative is a Facebook Preferred Marketing Partner and full service digital agency of in-house designers, developers, and strategists. We work with a wide variety of clients, from mobile start-ups to Fortune 500 Brands. Rooted in web design and development since 2005, Blueye has recently developed and (and is currently bringing to market) a platform to help brands launch lifestyle/experiential applications for Facebook.
We are going through a major pivot and growth spurt and are looking for entrepreneurial leaders to help take our company to the next level.
Blueye is a great culture of passionate, forward-thinking Chicagoans – we work hard but definitely know how to play. Read: cubs games, karaoke, kickball tourneys.
WHO WE NEED:
- Genius at user-experience. You create user flows and wireframes in your sleep….you think about a digital experience from all angles and can work with designers, developers, and PMs to bring a client’s product to life
- Creates clean, polished design
- Collaborative with other designers and always loves to learn
- Understand what “Social By Design” means
- Can do UI/UX for web, mobile, tablet AND social apps
- Innate problem solver. Pro-active in finding problems AND arriving at a variety of creative solutions.
- Research oriented: you like looking at feature sets and designs of competitors, compliments, and will find the BEST UI.
- Understands the value of treating clients as partners. Very relationship oriented and will go to any length to make sure our clients are successful.
- Leads user experience & design for digital projects
- Works closely with (and communicates with) clients on vision, experience, and design choices
- Work with Blueye other designers, developers, and project managers to ensure project deliverability meets (and exceeds) client expectations
- Client-facing – strategy calls, meetings, and brainstorms
- Create user-flows and digital architectures
- Can develop a brand from scratch
- Creates all creative assets for a digital experience
- Portfolio of completed designs and mockups (online portfolios are best)
- Advanced proficiency in design applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- 5+ years of software UI/UX design experience in a professional environment
- Stays on top of recent web design / front-end techniques and practices
- Familiarity with core UX programming concepts and practices.
Would be nice if…
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Previous experience with social application design
- Understands user-experience analytics programs– Google Analytics, Omniture, etc
Email resume, portfolio (link) and a bit about yourself and why you’re a fit for this job to Courtney@blueye.com. We want to make a decision by July 20.